Hello Fruit Lovers,
We all love fruits and specifically the Fruit Juices.
It is a general tendency whenever we find someone is ill we think of giving fruit juice, or we find drinking fruit juice is royal. So we like to have fruit juices thinking the recovery from the illness will be sooner.
The effects of fruit juice are paradoxical, because fruit is known to be rich in simple sugars. Simple sugars such as sucrose, glucose and fructose are associated with weight gain, dyslipidemia (increase in potentially dangerous blood lipids), hypertension and cardiovascular heart disease, as well as cancers.
But D0 you know?
Fruit Juice can only ever count as one portion a day, no matter how much you drink, because it doesn’t contain the fibre found in the whole fruits and vegetables. The guidelines also recommend restricting fruit juice intake to 150ml per day because of the sugar content that too for a healthy person.
- Contain high amount of sugar
- Lower in Fiber content
- May lead to weight gain
- May raise Blood Sugar Levels
While the Whole Fruits are better to consume. Whole Fresh fruits are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants
- Provides satiety and slower release of sugar into the blood stream with whole fruit intake, leading to decreased frequency and volume of food .
- Daily whole Fruit consumption promotes weight loss and lower the risk of long-term weight gain.
- Maintains blood sugar levels
- Good amount of required dietary fibre.
So, enjoy your fruit wisely, keeping in view the portion size as well.