Keshav is an al-rounder cricketer visited to our clinic for Nutrition Assessment. He complained about feeling very fatigued after a lot of training from past one month. After lot of digging up his daily routine in detailed manner we got to know that he is deprived of proper rest. The continuous practice without proper rest was making him lethargic and lowering his energy levels.
We as athletes spend too much Time and Energy into our Practice and training ourselves. But do we understand the benefits of taking rest in between. You must have heard “Less is More”, hence this little rest works wonders .
Overtraining or Overloading without rest is a sure shot recipe for the following issues-
– Muscle Loss
– Chronic fatigue
– Poor Sleep
– Sex hormone dysfunction
– Mental Exhaustion
Rest is an important element for any Training schedule if you are preparing for your event, for which Training Periodization. Your rest days can be Active rest day, you do not to confined to your couch.
Here are Quick 5 Important Benefits of Enjoying an Active Rest day in between our Training sessions
- Better Muscle recovery- The wear and tear of your muscle during your training needs a better recovery with the unavoidable element of Good active Rest and Sports specific Nutrition Management. Your Muscles actual grow when you take good rest with an optimum nutrition.
- Helps to avoid stress Injuries and Fractures- Long duration of training increases the workload over the joints and bones if rest days are not at all planned. The muscle, cartilage and bones better need to function properly.
- Fewer Mental Errors- The constant pounding for the training makes the brain lethargic and may hamper to think better. Thus, making you to make more mistakes than usual. Therefore, rest days are made.
- Improved Reaction Time- Reaction time is how quickly you respond to the external stimuli. Mind and the body work in coordination. On a lighter note yes of-course as both of them are the part of the body, hence investing time an active rest can actually help.
- Better Accuracy into the game or training.
Ideas to Enjoy Rest Days
- Spend quality time with friends and family
- Pamper your self with the stuff you like
- Time to pursue your Hobbies
- Read if you like to
- Do some Grocery shopping, prep your meal or cook
- Organize your stuff
- Plan and schedule the task to be performed
- Go for a walk or dance.
Try to Schedule your Rest Day after regular interval improve your performance.
Enjoy your Rest Day