Here is the Recipe of traditional South Indian Mysore special-USLI
- Bengal Gram – Soaked – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Green chilli – 2-3 (depending on spice level preference)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ⅛ teaspoon
- Moong dal – 1tspn
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – ⅛ teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 5-6 leaves
- Salt – as per taste
- Salad (Optional)
- Soak Whole Bengal Gram overnight for at least 6-8hours
- In a Pressure cooker, add salt , water 1/2 cup and pressure cook till about 15-20minutes
- Coarsely grind coconut, ginger, coriander and green chillies.
- In a pan, add oil and temper mustard seeds, moong dal.
- Add a pinch of hing, turmeric powder and add curry leaves and saute for a while. Further add the pressure cooked bengal gram with the leftover water in the cooker and mix well.
- Then add the coarsely ground mixture and add salt
- Mix well at high temperature and cook until dry.
- Serve with rice, roti or as a snack.
- Bengal Gram is powerful in Protein , has a good amount of Iron, Calcium, folic acid and fiber
- Kala Chana is Gluten Free that also helps to control diabetes
- High in Protein is amazing full meal for weight watchers and body building champs
Caution and Warning:
- Over eating may cause indigestion